MISSIONARY WISH LIST FOR 2015
Ever wonder what's on a missionaries heart and mind? What we wish and pray for? Wonder no more because I've decided to share some of my personal wishes for 2015.
1. Snail Mail - When you live far away from family and friends, it's easy to be homesick. One easy cure, I believe, is to receive a hand written note from a far away friend. Nora and Burke (Emily and I as well) would love getting more snail mail. Here's our address in case you want to write to us:
3585 Pinoa Street Honolulu, HI 96822
2. Airline Tickets - One of the challenges we face is the high cost to fly our family of four back to Ohio and Kentucky. The average ticket costs $800-$1000 a person. In the past, we've had some very generous friends donate their airline miles to help us fly for free. We would gladly receive extra miles from those who have more than they need to help make it more affordable to travel back to the mainland.
3. Moped - We live 2.5 miles from campus and parking is hard to find. and costly (some places it's $6/hour.) I find myself dreaming of owning a moped (under $1,000) to ride back and forth from campus. Owning one would allow me to make several trips in any given day. And parking is FREE!
4. Housing - One our huge prayer requests is to find a bigger house for less money close to campus. Our house is barely over 1,000 square feet. We love to minister from our home and we would love a place where we could entertain large groups of college students. Would you join us in praying that God allows us to find a bigger house in Manoa that we can rent beginning this July?
5. More Staff - Jesus said it and it's still true. The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Lord willing, we will be adding more NavStaff to help us reach and disciple students in Hawaii. Would you join us in praying that God would indeed raise up a team of us who can devote all out time to advancing the gospel in Hawaii?
6. Visitors - We would love to have you visit us! Please contact us and let us know when you are planning a vacation to Hawaii.